One of the many benefits of a monthly networking group is that you have a month between meetings. That may sound like a Yogi Berra-ism. Yet the significance of having a month between meetings is you have a month of experiences to incorporate into your verbal brand at the next meeting. And that provides you fresh, new material to share with your networking group.
What can those stories include? How about?:
- Who did you help during the past 30 days?
- Did you land a new account? What was the story behind that? Why did they choose your firm?
- Maybe you had a success with a particular customer? Or received a glowing testimonial?
- Perhaps you have recently formed a partnership with a new vendor who will increase your capabilities to help your current customers and land new ones?
- It could even be as simple as just doing what you do well and how that has helped your current customers.
There’s the old expression about how stories sell. Yet selling goes beyond new business today. If you provide your networking group with your success stories on a monthly basis, you add to their arsenal things they can share with their contact sphere. Quite simply, the more stories you share about the types of business you help and why your customers choose you, the more a networking group can help you.
All you have to do is bring “it” to each meeting.